Isochrysis galbana Phytoplankton
Isochrysis galbana is a very important species of phytoplankton, as it has a high protein content and lipid composition which essential for the health of your reef. Phytoplankton is the foundation of the food chain for marine life.
- Package size: 16 oz
- 100% Aquacultured
- Small particle size (less than 10 microns), can fit into the tiniest of mouths.
- Provides corals with direct source of golden fats, while at the same time, enriching copepods and other grazeables.
- Each cell has a tail-like flagella it can use to remain in the water column
- Can survive in reef conditions and thus uneaten cells do not immediately become waste.
- Is a hungry nitrate and phosphate consumer and will extract these from the water column until the cells are eaten.
Diet Advantage: Long fatty acid chain, including eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). Omega-3 (ω-3) fatty acids are essential components of marine species health.
Reef Advantage: Live microalgae culture, provides a natural source of food for corals, clams, filter feeders, copepods, and other zooplankton.